squared ergs in round wholes
Tag Archives: physics
spatially-hexaxial, with time as the seventh dimension
Thank you for teaching us how little we know about everything.
Without you, brave science, we would have no idea that most of the universe (almost 96% of it) is made of stuff that’s invisible to–and immeasurable by–our most sensitive and precise technologies… and that the other 4% (or so) is made up of tiny particles (of uncertain construction) that interact with one another (even over great distances) by an undisclosed mechanism operating, apparently, at the same speed as light… which, as you have made clear, is possessed of an existentially ambiguous nature and moves at the rate it does for reasons known to itself alone.
With each passing year, we learn more, only to realise that we know less.
Is it too much to hope that we may eventually understand that we know nothing?
Now that would really be something.
P.S. – Maybe the universe frustrates our best efforts to comprehend it because we’re always trying to take it apart in order to understand it…
(just food for thought… no pressure…)
Physics is the study of matter, motion and energy.
Physics is the study of natural abiotic dynamics.
Physics is a plot to expose every universal law, true constant, and eternal ratio.
Physics is an ongoing effort to write a technical user’s manual for the universe.
Physics is the contextual study of matter and energy moving in time and space.
Physics is the rationality of actuality.
Physics is the study of inanimate behaviours.
Physics is a science in search of its own meaning.
I think it’s unfair that Space gets three dimensions, while Time gets but one.
What is Space, anyway? A whole lot of nothing! And it’s like that in every direction, as far as the eye can see — or the mind imagine. Even if you fill it up with stuff, without time, nothing will ever happen there. And yet, man, in his ‘wisdom’, has seen fit to confer upon this vast and virtual wasteland the lavish gift of three full axes!
To its credit, though, Time takes no offense, seemingly secure in the knowledge that its unitary comportment is perfectly the match of its partner’s triplicity.
the multiplicative inverse relationship
spatial context and temporal continuity
a thought of being
cannot be what being is
within or without
Existentially, it could be argued that G-d and gravity share
a common attribute which can be summed up in 10 words:
“a single invisible force that moves everything in the universe”
Or, mathematically and pictographically:
(hint: not a degree symbol)