Top Ten event predictions for this week:
- Hugo goes bananas! Nope. Went behind the scenes this time.
- Spike in Mexico violence. Nope. Pretty quiet right now.
- Iran blames CIA for unrest. A hit, but easily predictable.
- NK missile launch & threats. A hit, but widely expected.
- Toughest Obama talk yet. Debatable. Left mostly to Biden and others.
- Russia goes into lockdown. Not yet, but tightened up on booze and gambling.
- Japan issues stern warning to NK. Not really. Left to G7/8.
- Gold prices rise by the weekend. Nope. Went the other way.
- Oil/USD drop, then rise quickly. Again, an opposite result.
- Israel agrees to temp construction hold. Yes, but no hold on natural growth.
Preview of Next Week:
- Hottest Day of the Century: July 7, 2009 July 10/11 more likely.
One response to “Predictions: Week of June 29, 2009”
1.Hugo is definitely in the news here, specifically regarding the Honduras, Nationalizing Venezuela’s Banks, Attempting to shutdown radio communications and such…I’d say this one’s a hit.
2.Spike in Mexico violence…well not a “spike”, more of a continuation. Only it’s occuring on the Texas side of the border, the drug cartels continue their in-house power struggle. Really heating up in SanAntonio, Houston, Dallas areas. Gangland mayhem and drive-bys nightly in my neighborhood.
6. Russia damped down the amp on Obama’s visit…so in a way….
As for July 7th, was 110 here(south central texas) and we continue to be under heat advisory through Friday.
Electricity rationing is being discussed for between hours of 3-7pm daily, so far voluntary, but close to becoming a mandatory situation. We’re in Stage Two Water Restrictions and just a foot away from Stage Three.
And another take on the hottest day of the century, been to any chat rooms lately? I’ve been to one, Yikes, folks are going off their rockers! Gotta be the heat! eh?
All in all your record continues to be remarkable in my opinion. Thanks.
Stayin’ the watch