Top Ten event predictions for this week:
- Hugo goes bananas! Nope. Went behind the scenes this time.
- Spike in Mexico violence. Nope. Pretty quiet right now.
- Iran blames CIA for unrest. A hit, but easily predictable.
- NK missile launch & threats. A hit, but widely expected.
- Toughest Obama talk yet. Debatable. Left mostly to Biden and others.
- Russia goes into lockdown. Not yet, but tightened up on booze and gambling.
- Japan issues stern warning to NK. Not really. Left to G7/8.
- Gold prices rise by the weekend. Nope. Went the other way.
- Oil/USD drop, then rise quickly. Again, an opposite result.
- Israel agrees to temp construction hold. Yes, but no hold on natural growth.
Preview of Next Week:
- Hottest Day of the Century: July 7, 2009 July 10/11 more likely.