Ten basic things to remember about social media for business:
- Keep it short.
- Be responsive, accurate, creative, honest, helpful and polite.
- Don’t expect everyone to agree with you.
- In the blogosphere, as in life, effective moderation is key.
- Social media is all about the “persona” of your organisation.
- Openly support causes that contribute to the greater good.
- Avoid crass commercialism in order to avoid social media “blowback”.
- Don’t post the same message twice – paraphrase creatively.
- Space permitting, always use proper grammar and spelling.
- Thanks to technology, it’s possible to offend and alienate more people than ever before – and now it can be done in a mere micro-fraction of the time!
Use the comment function below to add to the list…
– courtesy Enterprise Management Association (EMA-I.org)